- 200g short grain brown rice, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 2 Enriched eggs
- 2 teaspoons groundnut/vegetable oil
- 1 ripe avocado, finely sliced
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions. Season with 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar and mirin when cooked and still warm. Set aside and leave to cool completely before making sushi rolls.
- Mix the carrot matchsticks in a bowl with 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Leave to one side.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season lightly. Heat half of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Ladle in just enough egg mixture to cover the base of the pan and cook for 30 seconds until just cooked. Slide out onto a plate and add the remaining oil to the pan and pour in the remaining beaten eggs to cook.
- Lay a sushi rolling mat on a clean surface and top with a nori sheet (rough side facing up), using damp hands spread a quarter of the cooked rice on the bottom half of the nori. Cut each omelette in half and lay one half over the rice followed by a line of the pickled carrots and a quarter of the avocado slices.
- Using the rolling mat to help, start from the bottom and roll tightly to the top. Seal the top with a damp finger. Repeat with the remaining 3 nori sheets.
- Using a wet sharp knife, slice each roll into 8 sushi rolls. Serve alongside pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi.